top of page


We at Archbold take complaints seriously. 


Solicitors must follow the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Code of Conduct. It’s a set of rules to make sure solicitors treat you fairly and professionally.

You can complain if you are not satisfied with issues such as:

  • how your solicitor handled your case

  • the cost for their services

    What to do first

Firstly, you should complain to your solicitor. Regardless,  you can at any time  make a complaint to Archbold Solicitors. We have a clear and transparent complaints handlings procedure, details of which we can make available upon request to any member of the public. 

When you invoke our complaints handling procedure, you should:

  • complain as soon as possible

  • be clear on what the issue is and how you would like it to be resolved

  • send your complaint to

  • give us up to 28 days to resolve your complaint

You can download a formal complaint letter template from the Legal Ombudsman website to complain to any solicitor, should you wish.

When to complain to LO

Legal Ombudsman

If you have complained to us about poor service and you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman.

The Legal Ombudsman deals with poor service, such as:

  • delayed or unclear communication

  • problems with your bill

  • loss of documents

The Legal Ombudsman will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:


  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and

  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or

  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.


If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

You can contact the Legal Ombudsman by:

They will keep in contact with you and make sure your case is passed to an investigator for assessment.

When to report a solicitor to the SRA

Solicitors Regulation Authority

If you have complained to your solicitor about breaching the SRA Code of Conduct and you are not satisfied with their response, you can report them to the SRA.

Solicitors must follow the code of conduct. Examples of a breach include:

  • dishonesty

  • fraud

  • discrimination

Report a breach on the SRA website  

bottom of page